How to Spend $25k
According to an article in USA Today, the average wedding in the United States costs $26,989. Um, wow. I’m sure spending in the tens of thousands on a wedding is relatively easy, but I was a more than a little shocked to learn that the average was greater than $25k.
To put that in perspective, for roughly the same amount of money you could…
- Dig at least 3 wells in Africa,
- Feed 24 children in Haiti for a year,
- Fund an international adoption,
- Send a dozen or more people on a short-term, international mission trip, or
- Support ½ of an IMB career missionary.
I’m not pretending to have great answers here, but after reading the article I was equal parts depressed and angry so I thought I’d share.